- 1-1.5 cups of rice
- 1.5L fish/seafood stock
- 1 orange (juice only)
- 1 lemon (juice only)
- Robertson’s “spice for fish”
- Garlic flakes
- Salt & pepper (to taste)
- Saffron (purchase at F4A)
- 2 medium leeks (sliced)
- Trio of favorite Fish4Africa seafood (this recipe includes Kingklip, Squid & Prawns)
- Ensure all seafood is bought FRESH for best results. However, if cooking from frozen ensure that it’s all defrosted thoroughly.
- Prepare fish/seafood stock (homemade or store bought). Prepare saffron by adding a pinch of saffron sprigs to 1/2 cup hot water. Set aside.
- In an oven proof baking dish, add in uncooked rice and season with oregano, salt, pepper, garlic flakes, spice for fish. Mix together.
- Add in juice of lemon and orange, fish/seafood stock and saffron. Stir well.
- Add in seafood of choice. Ensure fish and squid is cut into bite sized pieces.
- Place (uncovered) in a 180 degree preheated oven for 45 minutes to an hour (or until the rice has absorbed most of the stock).
- Serve warm with additional lemon wedges and enjoy with a glass of your favourite white wine.
Leeks can be swapped out for any vegetables you have available i.e. onions, peas, carrots or even potatoes for a hearty version of the meal.
Recipe written by chef and Fish4Africa ambassador, Claire Baillie-Stewart @cooking__with__claire
Become a member
Would you like more recipes like this emailed to you on a regular basis?